Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New Jersey Wedding Planner - Your Own Awards Show

Its award season and that means one thing: 2011 fashion trends have begun to surface! I’m one of those people who watches award shows just so I can see who’s wearing what on the red carpet – I rarely watch the actual ceremony (I read about the winners later). So far this year, we have had two major celebrity events: the Golden Globes and the SAG Awards. There were so many chic stars and fresh trends, I can’t possibly list them all, but I’ve come up with a list of my favorites. Below are some great ways you can incorporate trends you see on the red carpet into your wedding day:

Jewel tones. Basically any color that you would see in a jewel, including: emerald green, amethyst purple, ruby red, topaz yellow, sapphire blue, and turquoise blue. You can incorporate these colors in your theme colors, flowers, accent pieces, or jewelry. Get creative with it! [Yes, Mila is on here twice because she is one of my favorites and does everything right!]



Nudes. This is one of my favorite trends of the season; I love nude colored dresses, nude shoes, nude lips.. you name it, I’m probably a fan of it. I think it looks great for all occasions. Use it as an accent color, bridesmaids dresses, or in your makeup!



Pink. It doesn’t matter what color pink you decide to use; the red carpet was full of this shade from pale to hot pink. Go bold and use pink as a theme color. Or for a more subtle effect, use pink in your make up; pink lips or cheeks look great on your big day.



Lace. As we all know, lace is super sexy and we’ve been seeing more and more people rock it lately, not just celebrities. Whether you wear it as part of your dress or opt to use it in, say, your bouquet, you will be sure to add a hint of sexiness and style to your day.



Sleeves. This trend has been popping up everywhere. People are starting to wear more gowns and dresses that have sleeves. If you like this style, why not try working it on your wedding? It’s a fabulous way to mix it up and surprise people (and great if you’re thinking of having a winter wedding!)



Hair. Updos are making a comeback! The most popular styles so far are the elegant French twist and the simple, chic ponytail. Both are super elegant and a great way to show off your dress, shoulders/upper body, and your beautiful, smiling face.





Keep in mind that just because the trend isn’t listed above doesn’t mean it isn’t great and won’t work for your wedding. I just picked my top 6 that I’ve seen this year thus far. The red carpet is a great way for ideas, but make sure you keep it original and make your day about YOUR style.

PS— let us know who your best and worst dressed at the awards were!


Happy Planning,

Kaitlyn ;o)

No comments: